Re: Hiding Input Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82164] Re: Hiding Input Cells
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 04:01:41 -0400 (EDT)

On 10/12/07 at 2:54 AM, hpd1 at nyu.edu (Harvey P. Dale) wrote:

>Is it possible to hide input cells following notebook
>evaluation?  I would like to have the output cells visible, but hide
>the input cells, so I can print the output without printing the
>input cells.

This is easily done as follows:

Select an input cell by option clicking the bracket to the right
of the cell. On a Macintosh this will select all input cells. I
don't know the equivalent keys to use with Windows or Linux.
Once the desired input cells are selected simply uncheck
Cell->Cell Properties->Open. This will close all of the cells
doing what you want.

>I'd like this to happen automatically, so I don't have
>to delete the input cells one by one each time.

Note, by option clicking or the equivalent on Windows or Linux,
you can select all of the cells of the same type at once and
delete them at once. But closing the cells as described above is
better in that it will achieve essentially the same for printing
purposes but retains the code should further edits be needed in
the future. I say essentially the same since a closed cell
between two open cells will leave more white space between the
open cells than would be the case if they were deleted. This can
become important if there are several cells between output cells
that need to be closed.