Re: Hiding Input Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82198] Re: Hiding Input Cells
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 06:18:06 -0400 (EDT)

Much of the functionality that you are looking for is contained in the
Tagging palette in A WorkLife FrameWork
(http://scientificarts.com/worklife/).  But here is a pair of quick
and dirty functions that will do what you are looking for by
evaluating them in the desired notebook.

This is a function that will do what you want (evaluate it in the
notebook whose input cells you are wating to evaluate).

ClearAll[EvaluateAndHideInputCells];

EvaluateAndHideInputCells[] :=
  Module[{nb},

   nb = EvaluationNotebook[];
   NotebookFind[nb, "Input", All, CellStyle];
   MathLink`CallFrontEnd[FrontEnd`SelectionAddCellTags[nb,
{"toevaluate"}]];

   SelectionMove[nb, All, EvaluationCell];
   MathLink`CallFrontEnd[
    FrontEnd`SelectionRemoveCellTags[nb, {"toevaluate"}]];

   NotebookFind[nb, "toevaluate", All, CellTags];

   FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken[nb, "EvaluateCells"]];

   NotebookFind[nb, "toevaluate", All, CellTags];
   MathLink`CallFrontEnd[
    FrontEnd`SelectionRemoveCellTags[nb, {"toevaluate"}]];
   SetOptions[NotebookSelection[nb], Editable -> True, CellOpen ->
False,
    ShowCellBracket -> False]

   ];

And this one will re-show the input cells to see them onece again.
Again evaluate it in the desired notebook.

ClearAll[ReopenInputCells];

ReopenInputCells[] :=
 Module[{nb},

  nb = EvaluationNotebook[];
  NotebookFind[nb, "Input", All, CellStyle];
  SetOptions[NotebookSelection[nb], Editable -> True, CellOpen ->
True,
   ShowCellBracket -> True]

  ]

I hope this helps...

--David
http://scientificarts.com/worklife
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...