ProgressIndicator Questions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82213] ProgressIndicator Questions
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 01:22:00 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to use a ProgressIndicator, not to indicate progress in a
calculation, but to represent the transmission of information in a given
direction. Here is an example from ProgressIndicator Help that indicates the
type of display that I want:

ProgressIndicator[Dynamic[Clock[Infinity]], Indeterminate]

However, I want the ProgressIndicator to be much smaller and, as it would
be, I want the information flow in the opposite direction. If I make the
ProgressIndicator smaller there is no green portion to indicate a flow at
all.

ProgressIndicator[Dynamic[Clock[Infinity]], Indeterminate,
 ImageSize -> {75, 10}]

I suspect this may be related to the width of the green portion and the
width of the ProgressIndicator.

I can obtain a kind of right to left flow with the following construction:

ProgressIndicator[Dynamic[2 - Clock[2]], {0, 2},
 ImageSize -> {75, 10}]

My questions are:
1) Is it possible to change the green and gray colors?
2) Or better, is it possible to specify the width of the ProgressIndicator
AND the location and width of the green region independently?

Or are there any suggestions for independently constructing a flow
indicator, perhaps one that had the kind of shading that the
ProgressIndicator has?

Thanks for any help on this.

--
David Park