Mathematica 6.01 and openSUSE 10.3

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82325] Mathematica 6.01 and openSUSE 10.3
  • From: Luis <medinarivera at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 04:14:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem trying to open Mathematica 6 on a notebook (intel
core duo) running Linux openSUSE 10.3 .  The kernel runs well, but
when trying to open the FrontEnd it crashes right away and Mathematica
shows the following startup error:

" An error has occurred while Mathematica was starting up.
Mathematica may not function properly until this problem is resolved.
You may choose to continue anyway, but you could encounter additional
problem. "

If I don't quit it there and decide to continue then everything is
unreadable and the FrontEnd refuses to close.

Has anyone encounter the same problem?  Does anyone know how to solve
it?

Luis