Re: Integers networks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82318] Re: [mg82246] Integers networks
  • From: Fred Meinberg <fredm at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 04:10:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Felice,

The syntax is little compact, I agree.

The main function is FactorInteger, which returns the prime factors
of a number together with its exponents.

The [[All,1]] part returns only the first elements of the lists, that
is, the prime factors, not the exponents.

Thread[Rule[#,...]] makes sure that for each list of factor integers,
a list of rules is returned. For instance, 6 will go into {6->2, 6->3}.

Array is a function like Table but with a more compact syntax. So
Array[f, 2] gives {f[1], f[2]}, the same output as Table[f[i], {i,1,2}].

The Array expression returns a list of lists of rules. But for the
graph we want a flat list of rules connecting the nodes. So we use
the Flatten command.

I hope this helps.

-Fred-