upgrading SurfaceColor directive in version 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82464] upgrading SurfaceColor directive in version 6
  • From: congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 22:16:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Mathematica  UG:

I created a plot with the following V5 Graphics directive under V6:

SurfaceColor[ Hue[1/6, .3, 1], Hue[1/6, 1, 1], 8]

The command (ParametricPlot3D) complains that this is a legacy
operation and that I should use ColorFunction.

Help in V6 says that SurfaceColor has been deprecated in favor of
Specularity and Glow.

I looked at the help for all of these and I am not sure which
arguments correspond, except the 3rd is the glow.

If it is easy to translate this, I would greatly appreciate any help
and/or pointers convert this.

TIA.

Regards..Roger