Satellite Visualization!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82478] Satellite Visualization!
  • From: "pskmaths at googlemail.com" <pskmaths at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 05:10:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I have been trying to visualize an artificial satellite moving in its
orbit around the Earth, but I could not success.

I have manly used the command "Animate" and tried to represent the
orbit as a circle and the satellite as a point moving on that circle.
But I feel the result was so basic while I am looking for something
much professional and I am sure this animation can be achieved by
Mathematica, especially with the new version of it.

My aim is to have an animation for this satellite where I have the
equations of its motion
and the radius (the distance between the satellite and the Earth).

Any help on this would so appreciated,
Andery