Re: Satellite Visualization!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82503] Re: Satellite Visualization!
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 05:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

Andery,

I did an extended notebook on this topic ending up with an animation of the
earth and a satellite (I called it RSS, Rational Solar Satellite, because it
revolves exactly twice for every three orbits of the earth and thus the
animation can run smoothly forever.)

However, it happens that this is an extended example in my DrawGraphics
package, which I sell for $50, from my web site. You may not be interested
because of that.

The notebook is actually titled 'Mathematica Notebooks as Pedagogical
Documents: Derivations of the area swept out by a focal angle in an ellipse'
and the abstract is:

"This notebook presents an example of the Mathematica style for tutorial and
student essay notebooks that I advocate. It uses a structured notebook with
textual discussion integrated with derivations, calculations and graphics,
active calculation of everything and the generation of embedded knowledge.
The notebook treats the derivation of an expression for the swept area in an
ellipse as a function of focal angle. This result was first presented on the
Internet by David W. Cantrell."

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net