Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82546] Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:28:50 -0400 (EDT)

I have just tried to do a trial run of (1) Creating a notebook using
Mathematica 6, (2) Uploading the notebook for Mathematica Player online
conversion (see
http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/publish/), (3)
Posting this converted notebook online for others to access (a ZIPped
version is at http://www.luttrell.org.uk/notebooks/2D%20Ising%20Model.zip).

To check that things worked on a previously clean machine (i.e. without
Mathematica 6 installed) today I downloaded and installed Mathematica Player
onto an old PC (running Windows XP, but not connected to the internet), and
tried running the above converted notebook. The notebook opens and the input
cells display OK, but I can't find any way of executing the notebook,
despite the fact that it proudly announces "interactivity enabled" at the
top of the notebook, and the output of the Manipulate cell appears only as a
grey square. On the other hand, if I try to run the converted notebook in
Mathematica itself then it runs OK.

If there is anyone else out there who has a "clean" machine (i.e.
Mathematica Player, but not Mathematica 6) could they see what happens when
they try to run the converted notebook in
http://www.luttrell.org.uk/notebooks/2D%20Ising%20Model.zip? It is important
that this sort of thing should work OK!

--
Steve Luttrell