Re: Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg82577] Re: [mg82546] Converting notebooks to use Mathematica Player
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 06:07:05 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica Player does not evaluate Initialization cells.  You need to make
sure that any Manipulates are completely self-contained, and do not require
Shift-Enter evaluations in order to work correctly.

The typical way to do this is to add SaveDefinitions->True, which will suck in
any definitions required to set up the Manipulate into the dynamic evaluation
that sets up the Manipulate output.  I took your notebook, added
SaveDefinitions->True to the Manipulate, and ran it through the converter. It
worked fine for me.  You can find it at...

http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/publish/download.jsp?id=2
171978932&filename=2D+Ising+Model+Fixed.nbp

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group