Re: How to display parameter in animation?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87227] Re: How to display parameter in animation?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 03:01:09 -0500 (EST)

Manipulate is probably the function of choice, even for animations.

Manipulate[
 Plot[Sin[x + a], {x, 0, 10}],
 {a, 0, 5, Appearance -> "Labeled"}]

The Appearance option puts the slider value on the right of the slider control.
If you click on the little gray square just to the right of the slider you
can show the animation controls and run the display as an animation.
The value of the slider is also shown in the animation controls and you can
move the slider when the animation is stopped so in this mode the Appearance
option might not be necessary.

But one feature of Mathematica 6 that I find annoying is that animations,
for me at least, sometimes just stop when they should run indefinitely. I do
know how to control this behavior. I've tried many of the Animate options.
Sometimes the problem is cured if I just click the 'Faster' button.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/