Re: Re: Deleting Integrate[] transformation rule

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87651] Re: [mg87609] Re: Deleting Integrate[] transformation rule
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 05:49:18 -0400 (EDT)

It seems that not everything that "must be possible"  is always
possible. In fact, in this case, it is definitely not possible. You
cannot in "remove" any transformations used by Integrate. The best you
can do is to try to post-process answers returned by Integrate using
FunctionExpand or FullSimplify with chosen complexity functions, but
doing this will not transform EllipticF[phi,m] into anything else. You
can of course wrap Hold or HoldForm over EllipticF[phi,m] but that
will simply prevent any integration from being carried out. Of course
if that is what you wanted then, indeed, it is definitely possible.

Andrzej Kozlowski