Re: Mathematica Player Pro!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87724] Re: Mathematica Player Pro!
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 05:03:10 -0400 (EDT)

David,
      I haven't tried Player Pro yet but I have long wished for
something like the vision you outline.

For me, the greatest advantage of live Mathematica notebooks, as
opposed to traditional formats for scientific and mathematical
exposition, is the ease with which readers can assimilate new material
to greater depth.  This is true, not only of research work but also of
pedagogical material.  There could also be a (long overdue!)
educational revolution here.

I hope that Wolfram Research will make Player Pro free.

John Jowett