Re: Directory of Mathematica Add-Ons

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87914] Re: Directory of Mathematica Add-Ons
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 23:52:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 19, 3:43 am, David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
wrote:
> Jon Harrop wrote:
> > David Reiss wrote:
> >> Correct.  it includes only those that have negotiated a partnership
> >> agreement with Wolfram.
>
> > What does that negotiation entail?
>
> I chose to keep my Super Widget Package outside any partnership deal
> because I decided to offer it free of charge and make money from
> associated consultancy. This has worked reasonably well, and I presume
> that there must be many other free packages out there. I guess the only
> directory of all packages is called GOOGLE!

That's one way to go.  Perhaps it's worth exploring the hosting of a
basic list.  Would people be interested in having me do such a thing?

Another resource is also the Wolfram Library Archive (http://
library.wolfram.com/)...  I don't know how active that is these days
since.  Long ago (ah, actually very long ago... time flies...I edited
it when it was MathSource...

--David