Re: Mathematica Player Pro!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87943] Re: Mathematica Player Pro!
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 03:23:25 -0400 (EDT)

"David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:ftv8sd$7os$1 at smc.vnet.net...

>Why not go even further and try to convince Dell and Apple,
> and any other OEM, to sell the computers with Mathematica Player Pro
> preloaded, just as they now come preloaded with Acrobat Reader?

hi David;

I mentioned the same exact idea  on here on may 9 2007 around when the free
player came out .

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2007/May/msg00268.html

"If Wolfram research can make a deal with the likes of Dell/Compaq, etc...
to have the MathPlayer preinstalled in new PC's sold, then the problem with
the large size of the player will no longer exist.

I noticed that a new PC's from DELL nowadays, that it has adobe reader
already installed on the desktop. "

So, I agree, it is a good idea :)

Nasser