Re: Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87936] Re: [mg87907] Print[Plot] vs Print[text,Plot]?
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 03:22:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello AES,
I believe mathematica is doing something sensible here.  It has scaled
your graphics so that your print statement produces objects of about
the same size.  I believe this is true in 5.0 as well.

To get what you want with Print, you could specify that you want a
large graphics object,

viz:

p = Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, Pi}, ImageSize -> Large]
Print["text", p] (*should also work in 5.0*)

However, I believe what you might want would be better if you used
Grid (6.0), or used Inset(6.0), or used FrameLabel->"text" in your
plot (5.0)

Kind Regards, Craig

--
W. Craig Carter