Changing TextStyle within Show

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88030] Changing TextStyle within Show
  • From: carlos at Colorado.EDU
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:28:41 -0400 (EDT)

I have often used TextStyle as a global option in Show, for example

   TextStyle->{FontFamily->"Times",FontSlant->"Italic",FontSize->9}

to render all text in a plot.  Is there a way to use it as a
Graphics instruction so that font size, etc. is changed for subsequent
Text objects as the plot is processed?

The Graphics documentation (I am looking at 5.2 on my laptop) says
yes, but gives no specific format or examples. I would expect a
function like Graphics[TextStyle[ arguments ]] to be available
but cant find a description.