Re: Re: Problem with RegionFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88126] Re: [mg88084] Re: Problem with RegionFunction
  • From: "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 05:30:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Zac,
This was explained to me the following way. WIthin Manipulate, the
PerformanceGoal option switches from
Speed to Quality when a manipulate variable stops changing. Thus, the
change in appearance of Graphics3D objects while sliding.  To handle
the boundaries of a plot well, values are probed on either side of the
boundary even though they are not going to appear on the final plot.
PerformanceGoal as I understand it, changes the way that plot resolves
the boundaries and thus your 0^0.

I hope this explanation is not too far off the mark.

WCC

--
W. Craig Carter