Re: Coordinate readout from Graphics3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88183] Re: Coordinate readout from Graphics3D?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 05:00:08 -0400 (EDT)

Steve Gray wrote:

> I thought I saw somewhere that one could read out coordinates from a
> Graphics plot, according to the mouse position. I can't find it now,
> and I don't see how it would work with Graphics3D. But anything would
> help. Thanks for any info.

See Chris Carlson's "Get Coordinates: New in 6.0.2", Wolfram Blog,
(March 11, 2008),

http://blog.wolfram.com/2008/03/11/get-coordinates-new-in-602/

This blog entry contains numerous interesting examples of various usages
of this new function (zooming on a specific part of a plot, computing
the area of a polygon, etc.)

Best regards,
-- Jean-Marc