Can not run Mathematica 6.0.3 on Fedora 9

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91013] Can not run Mathematica 6.0.3 on Fedora 9
  • From: Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 05:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

Dear All,

I have just installed Mathematica 6.0.3 on Fedora 9, but when I start
it, I get the following error:

An error has occurred while Mathematica was starting up. Mathematica
may not function properly until this problem is resolved. You may
choose to continue anyway, but you could encounter additional
problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul