Re: Demonstration Project Trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91019] Re: Demonstration Project Trouble
  • From: mark mcclure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:20:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 3, 5:33 am, Todd Allen <genesplice... at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   I've written a small demonstration project program to illustrate a few points about bacterial growth,
> and the program seems to run fine in its natural setting of a mathematica notebook.
> When I tried to submit this file as a Demonstrations project, I was unable to successfully upload
> the file because Wolfram's server scanned the file and returned the following error:
>
> "Please edit notebook to remove the following illegal symbols: CurrentValue,
> FEPrivate`FrontEndResource"
>
>   Have any of you come across such an error?
>
>   I've included the code below which may make something standout to your eyes that I am missing.

I have had a similar error in the past.  My problem arose when I tried
to submit a demo that used Combinatorica.  Evidently, they don't want
you use that package and they symbol Combinatorica
is flagged as illegal.

In your case, however, I took your code, put it in a fresh Demonstration
notebook and uploaded it to my workspace without any problem.  I even
inserted the symbol FEPrivate`FrontEndResource to try to make it complain.
The result is here:
http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/preview.html?draft/99919/000006/BlahBlah

Perhaps, you should just try again from a fresh demo notebook.

Mark McClure