Re: Demonstration Project Trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91049] Re: [mg91009] Demonstration Project Trouble
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:26:21 -0400 (EDT)

Have you tried copying the cell(s) into a new, blank notebook?

The select everything in the notebook (Ctrl-a), and show it as the
underlying expression: either use Ctrl-Shift-E or else from the menu
select Cell > Show Expression.

You'll now see the actual text "behind" what the front end displays, in
other words, you'll see what you would if you viewed the file in plain
text editor.

Now search for CurrentValue, etc., about which you received the
complaint and see if they're there.

If so ... have you modified any Mathematica init.m file for your
installation?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305