Solving complex equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91157] Solving complex equations
  • From: "Adel Elsabbagh" <aelsabbagh at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 07:12:05 -0400 (EDT)

Dear all,

If I have a complex equation in the form of
a+b I + c+d I == 3+ 4 I
where a, b, c, and d are all assumed to be real.

How do I tell Mathematica 6 to separate the real and imaginary parts to make
two equations in the form of
a + c == 3, and
b + d == 4.

I need this to apply it on a long list of equations.

Thanks in advance!

--
Adel Elsabbagh
http://www.svlab-asu.com/aelsabbagh.html