Grouping and constraining slider controls

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91254] Grouping and constraining slider controls
  • From: Tim Heger <timheger at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 04:45:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

First - I am as green as it comes to Mathematica and have tried to RTFM
to find my answer but alas I have come up short and need some help.  I
want to group X number of slider controls that each have a value range
from 0 to 100 and constrain this group so that the total of the values
from the group is not greater than 100 (representing 100%).  So in
theory slider 1 starts at 100% and has other sliders are moved they
decrement proportionally the other sliders that are currently greater
than 0.

Thanks in advance from not berating this newbie too bad <grin>....

Tim Heger