Re: Importing Mathematica objects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91282] Re: Importing Mathematica objects
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:40:25 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/12/08 at 4:46 AM, schaber at molgen.mpg.de (Joerg Schaber) wrote:

>I saved a Mathematica expression (InterpolatingFunction object) in a
>file: Save["file",expression];

>However, when I want to load the expression again, it doesnt't work.
>I do not even get an error. I tried Get["file"] Import["file"]

Use Get not Import

>The file is rather large (180 MB). Might that be a problem.

This should not be an issue.

When you say Get["file"] doesn't work, what do you mean? Do you
mean there is no apparent output? If so, that is what is
supposed to happen.

Start with a fresh session and do the following:

a = 5;
f[x_]:=x^2

Save["test",{a,f}]

Note that

?Global`*

shows both a and f exist

Now do

Remove[a,f];
?Global`*

you should see both a and f are gone

=46inally, do

Get["test"]
?Global`*

you should see both a and f are back and behave as expected.

If the above doesn't work in a fresh session, then there is a problem.