No Memory Available

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91310] No Memory Available
  • From: "Adel Elsabbagh" <aelsabbagh at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathematica Experts,

I am using NDSolve to do integration in time for 24 variables. I can choose
only to do the integration for a short time range, otherwise I get the
error:

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.

What frustrates me is that I get this error only after a minute or so
although I can accept to carry out the run for a much longer time to reach
the steady state solution but this error prevents me from this by killing
the whole kernel.
I tried to set the Historylength to zero with no improvement.
I checked the documentation and previous threads on this error but could not
find any thing useful.

Is there a way I can increase the allocated memory even virtually, or may be
tell Mathematica to wipe the memory out during the run?

Thanks in advance.

--
Adel Elsabbagh
http://www.svlab-asu.com/aelsabbagh.html