Re: ODE in mathematica. what is wrong?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91324] Re: ODE in mathematica. what is wrong?
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 06:55:25 -0400 (EDT)

Several things are wrong. First, you didn't put spaces between things
like rho and y, where I assume you meant to multiply. Second, for a
numerical integration everything must be a number (except y and its
derivatives); so, you need to specify hbar, rho, epsilon,k, ...

Those are just the syntax issues. BTW, if you are going to use
subscripted things like y_sub_o you need to use the Notation package and
Symbolize them.

Now, your differential equation set has multiple equations for y'[x]. Is
that what you really meant? I am not sure what problem you are solving
here. Perhaps one second order differential equation with different sets
of initial conditions? I am not sure.

Kevin