Re: debugging code that contains compile

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91343] Re: debugging code that contains compile
  • From: Benjamin Hell <hellben at gmx.de>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 06:37:45 -0400 (EDT)

> By "errors", do you mean you get any error messages
> of the form
> CompiledFunction::error_code:error_text

The errors I get are Compile::cif errors. Well, that errors appear, but my question is: How can I get more details?

I'm not asking anybody here to help me out with my code directly, it's not about getting rid of one specific error. I wanna know how to get more information about the errors to handle them better in general. That's what I wanted to say in my first post. I want to know if there's a better way to use the debugger or if there is a way to get more precise error messages (telling me the line, where the error appears). In my case everything is a bit more complicated, because I'm dealing with compile. But if someone can give me hints on that in general, I'd be very pleased, too.

So the central question again: Is there a better way to deal with the situation than explained in 1) an 2) in my thread opener?