Re: Multifile search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91463] Re: [mg91424] Multifile search
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:14:38 -0400 (EDT)

Do you perhaps refer to the Wolfram Notebook Indexer, which is an
indexing plug-in for Google Desktop?

This utility has been shipping with Mathematica since at least 6.0 and
perhaps even since 5.2.  The Mathematica installer offers to install it
after the main installation of Mathematica itself.  If you didn't
install it then, you may be able to find it on your installation media.

You can also find the plug-in by browsing to:

   http://desktop.google.com/plugins/c/index/search.html

and then searching for it; however the version there is 1.1 beta,
whereas the one shipped with Mathematica 6 is version 2.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305