Re: Histogram and BoxWhiskers Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91519] Re: Histogram and BoxWhiskers Plot
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:06:08 -0400 (EDT)

On 8/24/08 at 7:06 AM, zanzibarlector at googlemail.com (LectorZ) wrote:

>I have already pre-aggregated input data in this form:

>data={{30.5, 20}, {2.6, 120},{4.2, 134},....,{Value, Frequency}}

>that means the first number is a Value and the second - the
>frequency of occurence.

>Q: How can I draw a Histogram and BoxWhiskersPlot?

>I played around and found out that with raw data (=a long list of
>values without frequencies) it works fine but for this 2-dimensional
>list I have problems to draw the graphs.

If you can do what you need with the raw data, why worry about
the aggregated data?

I assume you are using the packages Histograms` and
StatisticalPlots` to create the plots with the raw data. And as
you seem to have found out, both are designed to work with what
you are calling the raw data.

=46or the aggregated data perhaps something like the following
will work for a histogram

data = Transpose@{Range[0, 1, .1], RandomInteger[10, {11}]};
ListPlot[data, Filling -> Axis]

=46or a BoxWhiskerPlot, you will need to write your own routine to
handle the aggregated data.