Manipulate slider moves from top to side

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94033] Manipulate slider moves from top to side
  • From: Hugh Goyder <h.g.d.goyder at cranfield.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:20:13 -0500 (EST)

I have just made a presentation to a meeting using V7. When I prepared
my presentation a manipulate had its slider in what I thought was the
default position at the top. However, when I came to give the
presentation the slider was on the left hand side. This, as well as
being an awkward surprise, was most inconvenient because the slider
was horizontal and used up a significant amount of the width of the
screen.

How do you keep the slider in the same place?

This change in slider location is associated with how I use my lap-
top. For making the presentation I had my lap-top closed and docked to
my screens in my office. When making my presentation the lap-top was
open and connected to a data projector. Somehow Mathematica is looking
at my screen and making wrong decisions. Am I correct?

Regards

Hugh Goyder