Re: Manipulate slider moves from top to side

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94044] Re: [mg94033] Manipulate slider moves from top to side
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 05:42:40 -0500 (EST)

Manipulate will sometimes adjust the automatic control placement based on the
aspect ratio and the size of the screen. But we went to some trouble to tweak
this heuristic so that it would only affect a very small range of screens.

In order for the controls to be moved to the side like this, it should be the
case that the screen is shorter than 719 pixels, and had an aspect ratio wider
than 16:10 (i.e. a short screen which also happens to be very wide). Does that
sound like it describes your projection environment?

To override the behavior, do the following...

* Choose Format->Option Inspector... from the menu
* Set the first drop-down to Global
* Look for the DefaultControlPlacement option.
* Change its value to Top.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com