Re: Copying text out of mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94034] Re: Copying text out of mathematica
  • From: carlos at colorado.edu
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 05:20:24 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 1, 5:01 am, Mariano Su=E1rez-Alvarez
<mariano.suarezalva... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is probably silly, but anyways... How do I copy text out of
> Mathematica (6.0.3, Linux) as plain text without the really, really
> annoying \ characters that Mathematica adds to mark line breaks?
> How does one control the line-length used by InputForm, for example,
> when doing things like
>
>   InputForm@ StringJoin@ Table["a", {160}]
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- m

I too would be interested in knowing the answer to this question.
Frequently I have to extract output expressions in InputForm to feed to either
Mathematica or other programs, and those arbitrary line feeds are irritating
since they have to be removed by a text editor. Also, how can spurious
blank spaces be eliminated once and for all in the output?