having V6 and V7 available?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94265] having V6 and V7 available?
  • From: "wb at wavebounce.com" <wb at wavebounce.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:59:49 -0500 (EST)

I'm using a Windows XP box.

When updating from V5 to V6 I tried to have both versions running but failed. Something in the system made V5 unusable after V6 was installed. Now I'm considering the jump to V7 but I don't like taking the chance that some V6 programs will no longer be usable.

Are most users able to have both installations working on the same machine? If so, any tips on how to do it? I haven't run across any instructions for this yet.

Also, I hate to go through having to load all the addon packages, and init.m files, chase down and reload the palettes I use, etc. Any tips on how to ease this transfer?

Thanks, Rob