Re: Linux and Mathematica V7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94254] Re: [mg94194] Linux and Mathematica V7
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:57:44 -0500 (EST)

  Hi, John,

    I haven't had a chance to really play with parallelization yet, but I'll certainly share any tricks or caveats I find once I try to get it going. That may take a while, though, as other things are taking up a lot of my time now.
    I note that you've got some other responses about the keypad issue; I've just tried it out on another Debian-based machine, and so long as the NumLock isn't engaged (on this machine, things are sort of backwards), the keypad works great.

                 Best wishes. I hope you get everything working well for you!

                                    Curtis

On Monday 08 December 2008 08:40:59 Feth, John (SENCOE) wrote:
> Thanks for the input Curtis.  I got a new machine with an Intel Quad
> processor with an eye on using Mathematica's V7 parallel processing capability.
> Have you used it yet?  Is it difficult to program?
>
> Regards,
>
> John Feth

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov