Re: having V6 and V7 available?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94336] Re: having V6 and V7 available?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:51:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have Mathematica 5.2, 6.0.3 and 7.0.0 running on the same machine.
The Mathematica installations will not overwrite data from the other versions.
But you personal settings will read by all versions and you should put
something like

If[$VersionNumber<6.0,
   Get["myoldInitFileFormMath5.m"],
   If[$VersionNumber<7.0,
     Get["myInitFileFormMath6.m"],
     Get["myInitFile.m"]
    ]
  ]

in your startup. The initialization files can load the individual
packages.

Regards
   Jens