Re: "The requested evaluator is not currently defined"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94612] Re: "The requested evaluator is not currently defined"
  • From: Michael Weyrauch <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:36:03 -0500 (EST)

Well, I had that error message, when I had set the kernel for a
particular notebook to a specific kernel, then copied that notebook to
a machine, where this kernel was not in the list of available kernels,
and tried to evaluate an expression in that notebook.

This may have happend accidentally and inadvertantly in your case. So, I
suggest, you explicitly set "Notebook's kernel" (using the menu) to
"Local" and then evaluate. This should work and did in my case.

Michael