Re: Re: branch of (-1)^(1/3)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94588] Re: [mg94559] Re: branch of (-1)^(1/3)
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 06:31:42 -0500 (EST)

My only reason for my posting about finding the tutorial is the
following: Often in this group you'll find somebody stating something
like, "You can learn what you asked about by looking at the
Documentation Center page tutorial/whatever."  And often such a
statement is followed by a reply asking, "But how was I supposed to know
to look at that tutorial?"  So I was just pointing out how helpful the
documentation is -- that at least in this case (and many others, but not
all) -- one can get to the desired tutorial.

No intended reflection upon your abilities to do a search!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305