Re: Can mathematica save restart file for Simplify?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94815] Re: Can mathematica save restart file for Simplify?
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at _removemefirst_luttrell.org.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:02:08 -0500 (EST)

Two months?! Isn't it more likely that Simplify has got itself stuck and
will never return an answer for you? In this sort of situation I would try
to find a hybrid approach in which I (the human) work symbiotically with
Mathematica (the computer) to do the simplification. Usually, as a result of
this sort of symbiosis, I end up understanding the original problem much
better.

Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

--