Re: Can mathematica save restart file for Simplify?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94929] Re: Can mathematica save restart file for Simplify?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 06:06:29 -0500 (EST)

Toshiyuki (Toshi) Meshii wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if mathematica can save restart file for Simplify.
>
> I am using v6.03 with Win XP pro.
> Though I have been running Simplify for about two months, I have not
> reached to an answer.
> Now I am afraid that some day I might encounter sudden power loss.
> I thought that if mathematica can save restart file for Simplify, this
> will surely be an powerful insurance.
>
> Can someone help me on this issue?
>
> -Toshi

I am afraid your calculation will have achieved nothing but warm your
office!

Simplify and FullSimplify are often very effective, but on larger
expressions they can just get stuck.

How big is your expression - if it is of a size that can be posted here
(in InputForm please) someone will probably have some suggestions.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk