Re: help with slow minimize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94819] Re: [mg94811] help with slow minimize
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 07:02:51 -0500 (EST)

You're hoping to choose ONE real variable to minimize a function of SEVEN
real variables??

And that means optimal t would work for ALL possible v1x, v1y, v2x, v1y,
d1, and d2?

Or Minimize should return a breakdown of all possible forms for the
answer, with a t-value paired with different ranges of the other six
variables in every case?

Good luck with that!

Bobby

DrMajorBob at longhorns.com