Re: Keyboard shortcut

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84816] Re: Keyboard shortcut
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 03:21:31 -0500 (EST)

I haven't found one.  I think that this small element of the
Documentation center should be changed.  Generally I think that
whenever on goes to the documentation center the cursor should always
be in the search field so that one can type there as needed.  If one
has gotten to the documentation center via a lookup for an item then
the item in the search field should be selected.

In addition I think that browser-like keyboard commands would be
helpful: Command-[ and Command-] to move back and forth in one's
history (Alt-[ and Alt] on Windows, I think).  I am sure that there
are a few others that would make the experience more efficient, though
I realize that some may come into conflict with other Mathematica
commands and therefore wouldn't be possible...

-David
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...
http://scientificarts.com/worklife/