Re: Keyboard shortcut

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84838] Re: Keyboard shortcut
  • From: "Mariano Suárez-Alvarez" <mariano.suarezalvarez at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 03:29:05 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 15, 6:24 am, Helen Read <h... at together.net> wrote:
> Mariano Su=E1rez-Alvarez wrote:
> > Is there a keyboard shortcut (in the linux 6.0.0 version)  in a
> > Documentation Center window to get the focus on the search entry box?
>
> I don't know of one. The real question, of course, is why the focus is
> not on the search entry field by default when one opens the
> Documentation Center. It's quite annoying to have to click in it.

Well, that's a side question for me ;-) I keep that window open
essentially all the time and use my window manager to switch from that
one to others. Each time I go back to the DC, I have to get the mouse
and click. For quite significant periods of time, it is the only thing
that I use the mouse for, indeed :/

In another reply someone asked to other `browser-like' features in the
DC. My second Most Wished Feature (a shortcut being the first...)
would be a  browser interface on the DC.

-- m