Re: Findfit in C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84880] Re: Findfit in C++
  • From: heiko <heiko.damerau.news at web.de>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:03:04 -0500 (EST)

Dear May,

    There are functions for fitting in the book Numerical Recipes
http://www.nr.com/.

    A while ago, I had the same problem to fit some data in C++ and to
reproduce
the results from the Mathematica fit routine. The routine mrqmin
(implementation of the
Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm) should do what you want. The same
algorithm is also
normally used by default in Mathematica. At least, in my case the
results in C++ finally
were the same as in Mathematica.

Best regards,
Heiko