Re: Findfit in C++

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84930] Re: Findfit in C++
  • From: Mayneord <xrayspectrum at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 03:33:50 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 17, 1:06 pm, heiko <heiko.damerau.n... at web.de> wrote:
> Dear May,
>
>     There are functions for fitting in the book Numerical Recipeshttp://www.nr.com/.
>
>     A while ago, I had the same problem to fit some data in C++ and to
> reproduce
> the results from the Mathematica fit routine. The routine mrqmin
> (implementation of the
> Levenberg-Marquardt algorithm) should do what you want. The same
> algorithm is also
> normally used by default in Mathematica. At least, in my case the
> results in C++ finally
> were the same as in Mathematica.
>
> Best regards,
> Heiko

Dear Heiko,

first I would like to thank you for the information. I got a pdf file
from this book, in which the code is given about "Levenberg-Marquardt
algorithm". I just wanted to copy from it manually but please can you
tell me what is this header file given at the beginning of the code
#include "nrutil.h" ? . Can I run the program without including this
or where do I get this file from?  Please understand i am newbie in C+
+.

looking forward for your reply

thanks and regards

May