V6 DumpSave kills kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84919] V6 DumpSave kills kernel
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:04:16 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

according to

http://www.mathematica-users.org/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=FAQ_Saving_your_work

I tried to save all definitions in a current session with

DumpSave["somesession.mx", Evaluate[Contexts[]]]

While this seems to work in 5.x, in 6.01 this command terminates/hangs
the kernel even in a pristine session with the following comment:

***snip***
Mathematica has detected an internal error:
   mxfile hashing

Please report this error as soon as possible to
support at wolfram.com giving as many details as possible
of the circumstances under which it occurred.
***snip***

In parallel to shipping this on to Wolfram: perhaps someone encountered
the same problem or can give me a cue or a workaround on how to save my
session to file in v6.

Thanks,
Yves