Re: Keyboard shortcut

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84917] Re: Keyboard shortcut
  • From: John Jowett <John.M.Jowett at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 06:03:14 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 15, 9:33=A0am, David Reiss <dbre... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't found one. =A0I think that this small element of the
>>>>>>>
> In addition I think that browser-like keyboard commands would be
> helpful: Command-[ and Command-] to move back and forth in one's
> history (Alt-[ and Alt] on Windows, I think). =A0I am sure that there

David,
      Browser-like keyboard commands DO exist (on Windows at least).
You can move through the Web browser history with Alt->, Alt-< and you
can do the very same thing in the Mathematica Documentation Centre
(the same is true across various other applications that I know).

Actually, I think I can claim a little credit for requesting this very
feature in the beta phase.

Of course one can always use the Web version of the Documentation
Centre to get a totally browser-like experience.

John

P.S. (Alt-] and Alt-[ don't work on Windows as far as I know.)