Re: Block diagonal matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90325] Re: Block diagonal matrices
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 04:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

a block diagonal matrix is usually square as the blocks are square. This

can be done by e.g. Jordan normal form.

A non-square block diagonal matrix would have non-square blocks, but I

never encoutered work in this direction.

Daniel

--

Daniel Huber

Metrohm Ltd.

Oberdorfstr. 68

CH-9100 Herisau

Tel. +41 71 353 8585, Fax +41 71 353 8907

E-Mail:<mailto:dh at metrohm.com>

Internet:<http://www.metrohm.com>