Re: Block diagonal matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90267] Re: Block diagonal matrices
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 03:56:05 -0400 (EDT)

yo at kth.se wrote:

> I hope you accept my apology for bothering you. I really need to convert a
> matrix (12x19) to its Block diagonal from. As far as  I searched in
> Mathematica software help center, I could not find the appropriate
> function. I would really appreciate if you could show me how to do this be
> Mathematica.

MathWorld's entry, "Block Diagonal Matrix" [1], might help:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BlockDiagonalMatrix.html

(Note that it contains some Mathematica code to construct block diagonal
matrices.)

Regards,
- Jean-Marc

[1] Rowland, Todd and Weisstein, Eric W. "Block Diagonal Matrix." From
MathWorld--A Wolfram Web Resource.
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/BlockDiagonalMatrix.html