Extracting points from a contour plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90391] Extracting points from a contour plot
  • From: ajfriend at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 02:26:03 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not a Mathematica expert, so hopefully this isn't too stupid of a
question:

I'm using ContourPlot to plot the curve of zeros of a function of two
variables within a range of vales (0 < x < 1, 0 < y < 1). Now, what I
really want is the list of points that it generates. I've tried
playing with Solve and NSolve, but these are either not working or are
taking too long. What is the easiest way of getting at the list of
points that ContourPlot has generated? Do I have to do something like
InputForm[%] and then cut and paste the list that I want, or is there
some easier way of doing it?

Or, maybe there is a way of getting the points that I want without
using ContourPlot that I haven't come across yet, or maybe I'm just
not using Solve correctly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
AJ